Legal representation from a motorcycle lawyer is necessary if you have been injured in an accident for one reason: protecting your rights under the law. There are ways to access the Motor Vehicle Code of various cities including via the internet and public libraries. This Vehicle Code helps in checkmating the excesses of vehicle users both on the highway. These stipulated code of conduct guides motorcycle accident lawyers in filing necessary charges in the event that a road user violates the laid down rules and regulations guiding the conduct of Motor Vehicles on public roads and high ways.
Motorcycle Accidents are, for most times, unexpected and unpredictable, which is why it is important to employ the services of a reliable motorcycle accident law firm. The Attkisson Law Firm offers experienced attorneys that will provide the legal help you need after an accident. One of the reasons for choosing a motorcycle accident lawyer is to protect your rights with the liable party’s insurer. An insurance adjuster might be visiting you even while receiving treatment in the Intensive Care Unit and will most likely try to convince you into signing a form. it’s advisable to ensure that you do not append your signature on any form brought before you rather insist on consulting with your lawyer before taking any action. Most insurance company usually employ this ‘quick’ compensation approach to enable them to decide what you will receive as compensation. It is necessary you get the required compensation; this is because motorcyclists are generally seen as rough and reckless.
These are some tips to guide you when involved in a motorcycle accident;
- Contact your Motorcycle accident attorney; this is the first step you must take.
- Do not append your signature on any form pending the time your lawyer assess whatever you might have been asked to sign. If you do sign, you may be signing away any rights you have to compensation.
- Do not speak with any other individual but a law enforcement officer present at the scene and don’t accept any responsibility for any damage.
- If questioned by the law enforcement officer, give precise answers only to the questions posed to you..
- After getting the necessary medical attention, employ the services of a competent motorcycle accident lawyer to help you claim your compensation. The most suitable motorcycle lawyer is one with many years of experience working with an insurance company.
It is also imperative to hire a lawyer with a good number of years in experience, as a legal battle with a top company requires years of courtroom experience. Before hiring a motorcycle lawyer, inquire about the number of years the lawyer has been practicing, records of successful cases and compensation obtained in cases. Chances are you don’t have a lot of money to pay a large retainer. Any motorcycle accident law firm worth its salt will take a case on a contingency basis.