The scholarship program for identifying and motivating the scientific aptitude in students is one of the premier scholarship in India called KVPY. Students studying in class 11th standard to 1st year of any undergraduate program in Basic Sciences, Engineering and Medicine are selected on the basis of their performance in Aptitude test and interview. Scholarship and contingency grant are offered from 1st year of graduation up to Pre-PHD level or 5 years whichever is earlier.
- Online application will release in July, 2017
- Last date for submission of online application form will be in August, 2017
- Admit card will release in second week of August, 2017
- Exam will be held in November, 2017
- Result will be declared in December, 2017
The scholarship of the candidates appearing for the exam will be activated only if they join an undergraduate course in Basic Sciences which could be BSC, BS, B.STAT, B.MATH, etc in Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Ecology, Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Biomedical Sciences, etc
On the basis of candidate’s performance in aptitude test, they are short-listed and called for the interview.
Aptitude exam can be given in three levels-
- Stream SA- Candidates studying in class 11 can appear for this if they score a minimum of 80% marks in aggregate in Mathematics and Science in class 10th
- Stream SX- Candidates studying in class 12 can appear for this if they score a minimum of 80% marks in aggregate in Mathematics and Science subjects in class 10th and minimum of 60% marks in Science subjects in class 12th
- Stream SB- Candidates studying in 1st year of under graduate program can appear for it if they score a minimum of 80% marks in Mathematics and Science in class 10th and 60% marks in science subjects in class 12th and minimum of 60% marks in aggregate on 1st year final examination
Procedure of Application
- Candidates have to apply for the scholarship examination by registering themselves online on its official website which is www.kvpy.org.in
- Candidate has to fill up all the required details that are personal and academic details and have to choose the center of the test as well
- Candidate has to upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and all other required certificates
- Candidates have to pay the application fee either by credit card or debit card or net banking or e-challan
- At last, the candidate has to download the KVPY admit card
It is MCQ based questions based exam of total 100 marks. It consists of 2 parts- 1 and 2 each containing 4 sections namely- Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. In paper 1 there are 20 questions in each section where as in paper 2 there are 10 questions in each section. In Stream-SA, all questions are compulsory. In streams SB and SX, there will be four sections in Part I and four sections in Part II. Candidates are allowed to answer for any 3 of the 4 subjects in Part I and any 2 of the 4 subjects in Part II.